By the 1840s, the 1740s house built by David Reade was described in a lease as being "in a very decayed and ruinous state and in danger of falling."
A new lease to James Hamilton dated October 1842 instructed that Number 18 was to be rebuilt within six months. This is the building as it currently stands on Ormond Quay Upper, with the older 1760s portion retained behind.
The arcaded shopfront and other elements of the former building are likely to have been recycled in the new construction. It appears that the shopfront was raised during the rebuilding using additional stonework and decorative brackets to increase the ceiling height in the new shop and to match the existing ceiling in the 1760s portion behind.
The handsome upper facades, faced in yellow brick with granite dressings and six-over-six sash windows, all date from the early 1840s rebuilding. Upon completion in 1843, the building was occupied by Graham & Berry, wine, tea and spirit merchants.